Tuesday, December 10, 2013

REPEAT

Today was another day at Princess Cay. Beautiful day and was thankful for the clamshell. Kept me by the water, in the breeze and in the shade. Good time for reading. We did not stay long after lunch. Came back to sit on top deck.......

On the tender back from the island, we were visiting with a couple from Alaska. He ask me where I am from and when I say Texas, he asks " are you from Muleshoe?" Okay, he has caught me off guard and I am afraid I am suppose to know this man. After I take a deep breath, I answer Yes.......It was just the name of the town that he was fascinated with after driving thru at one time! Also Clovis NM. They were interesting to visit with after the shock of Muleshoe.........

Now we have repeat of some shows so just listen to music in different places on the ship. Just about any kind you want.........

gotta run the clock up an hour, so until tomorrow........

3 comments:

jane said...

Don't think I knew you were from Muleshoe. I grew up in Clovis except for 3 yrs in Farwell. Did you know Vina Strayhorn there or is she older?What cruise line are you on this time. Have a nice day.

Monte-Linda said...

Jane, knew who Vina's parents were. Mother worked in Muleshoe and we went to church there, but went to Lazbuddie to school. We are on Princess.........Farwell is the farm's county seat and had dentist in Clovis. Always remember going to Woolworth's down the sidewalk and getting a sandwich at the "bar" on a stool. That was always a treat for me.

jane said...

I loved ham salad sandwich at Woolworth's. One of my first jobs was working the Christmas decoration counter there.